What is Exploring?
Explorers get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be an EMS provider through classroom learning, hands-on training, and job shadow experiences!
• Participate in classroom and virtual learning, including guest speakers
• Engage in hands-on learning experiences, including life-saving skills and group projects
• Become certified in CPR, First Aid, Stop the Bleed, and more
• Participate in community service projects and large scale standby events
• Be eligible to participate in job shadowing of Perinton Ambulance EMTs and Paramedics
• Be eligible for sponsorship in state EMR & EMT classes
Explorers must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Be at least 14 years of age and in the 9th grade and no older than 20 years of age when joining
• Maintain at least a “C” average while in high school
• Be of good moral character
• Be an ambassador of Perinton Ambulance and Explorer Post 547 in all manner of behavior at all times, including outside of sanctioned activities
• Comply with all applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures associated with membership in Explorer Post 547
For more information, including the dates and times of the next recruitment session, please email us today!